You have made the exciting decision to renovate your home with Vaughan vinyl flooring.
As you begin to enjoy all the benefits of it in your home, it is also important to consider the type of care and maintenance needed to help make your beautiful flooring last as long as possible. Here, we will provide easy instructions and tips on how to best protect your vinyl flooring.
Protect Your Vinyl
- Use a doormat outside every entrance of your home to help keep out dirt, sand and grit. These and substances such as oil and asphalt can lead to scratches and damages to your vinyl flooring. Be sure to also use non-staining mats for your floors.
- In rooms with extreme sunlight, it is recommended to close the curtains or blinds since a combination of heat and sunlight can cause even the most resilient of floors to fade and discolour.
- To protect your flooring from scratches and dents, use wide-bearing and non-staining floor protectors to support furniture. The best type of protectors should be at least one inch in diameter and made with non-pigmented, hard-plastic that can rest flat on the floor. If you are using any metal protectors, ensure that they are rust-proof to avoid any potential staining.
- If you do need to move furniture or appliances around after installing your new vinyl, always use strips of wood to make a runway and help protect the floors.
For maintenance, here are some simple tips and tricks that will help keep your vinyl flooring looking amazing.
Within the first 24 hours of installation, there will be some initial actions that need to be taken:
- As the adhesive is drying, try to keep the traffic of that room light
- If the floor is seamed, avoid stepping on the seam sealer so it can dry properly and without disturbance
- Do not scrub or wash the floors until three days after the initial installation process. We suggest spot cleaning the floors to avoid the seams
Tips and Tricks
After installation, the daily or weekly routine maintenance for vinyl flooring is very easy and does not require much time and effort to keep its appearance.
- Sweep your floors regularly to remove loose dirt and dust
- If spills happen, wipe them immediately to prevent stains
- Occasional mopping with a damp cloth is recommended if sweeping does not feel sufficient.
- Avoid the use of soap or detergent products as they can leave a dulling film over top.
- If your floors are glossy, after several applications of polish, as occasional stripping and reapplication may be necessary to maintenance the gloss and prevent build-up of dirt, sand and grit
These are the essential must-knows for caring and maintaining your Vaughan vinyl flooring. If you have any other questions regarding its care and up-keep, feel free to stop by Chestnut Flooring to learn more.