STAIRCASE FLOORING GUIDE
Flooring for staircases in Toronto homes – creating the perfect entryway into your humble abode
When it comes to choosing the perfect type of flooring for your stairs, there are a few things you must consider. Some materials portray a comforting vibe, while others create a luxurious atmosphere. Let’s discover some of the most popular flooring materials for staircases.
Stairs Flooring Option #1: Solid Hardwood Flooring
Solid hardwood flooring is a great option for staircases. It is both practical and beautiful, and is a universally loved staircase flooring material.
- Creates a fantastic-looking staircase and a luxurious environment
- Strong and durable to withstand constant foot traffic over time
- Easy maintenance
Stairs Flooring Option #2: Carpet
Carpet flooring is another popular staircase flooring option. The staircase is one of the most injury-prone areas of the household – carpet flooring helps to reduce slips and falls that are more prevalent in hard flooring surfaces.
- Cozy and comfortable feel provides a homey vibe
- Padded material absorbs sound and dampens noise
- Plush carpeting can reduce slips and falls and prevent injury
Stairs Flooring Option #3: Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is the most economical option for your staircase. What’s more, it’s also the easiest to install and maintenance. If you’re shopping on a budget and still need a practical staircase flooring solution, laminate flooring is the way to go.
- Cost-effective alternative
- Ease of installation
- Ease of maintenance