FAMILY ROOM FLOORING GUIDE
The Typical Family Room Experiences A High Volume Of Foot Traffic
Family floors need to be durable yet comfortable to account for the many times it will be walked across throughout the day. Carpet is a great choice for the living area – especially for families with small children. Solid hardwood, vinyl, and laminate flooring, combined with comfy area rugs are also great choices.
Family Room Flooring Option #1: Carpet
Utilizing carpet in your family brings a homey feel to your humble abode. Cozy to the touch, comfy on the feet, and great for lounging and relaxing. It has the ability to make your house feel like a home.
- Warm, cozy, and comfy on the feet
- Great for families with small children
- Brings a homey feel to your family room
Family Room Flooring Option #2: Solid Hardwood Flooring
Solid hardwood flooring is another great option for your family room. Though not as comfy as carpet, this can easily be fixed with a comfortable large area rug. With solid hardwood flooring, you also get the extra benefits of extreme durability and easy clean up and maintenance.
- Can easily withstand a high amount of foot traffic
- Smooth surfaces allow for a quick wipe up and is simple to clean
- Easy of maintenance – only need to replace the affected area, rather than the whole room
Family Room Flooring Option #3: Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is a great cost-effective alternative to carpet and solid hardwood flooring. Laminate flooring is especially useful in rooms where heavy objects are moved often, or are susceptible to activities that could lead to scratches or dents in the room’s flooring.
- Durable material great for heavy objects and foot traffic
- Cost-effective options that won’t break the bank
- Easy cleanup
Family Room Flooring Option #4: Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl flooring is a versatile family room flooring option. It can withstand hot summer and cold winter months, while still maintaining a comforting feel for the whole family. It also comes in any colour or design you desire here at Chestnut Flooring.
- Resiliency to fluctuating temperatures
- Layer of felt underneath flooring makes it soft underfoot and warm to the touch
- Versatility in style and design