Chestnut Flooring – Engineered Hardwood Flooring Toronto
versatile / durable / affordable
Like hardwood, engineered flooring comes in a wide variety of wood species, colours, widths, and finishes, so it can be customized to meet your needs.The most popular choices are hickory, red oak, and Brazilian cherry, however, engineered flooring is more versatile than regular hardwood, as unlike hardwood that is unsuitable for basements and bathrooms due to its susceptibility to temperature and humidity changes, engineered flooring can be installed almost anywhere. As a result, it is a popular choice for clients who hope to achieve a consistent look throughout their home.
Another advantage of engineered flooring is its durability. Like hardwood, engineered floors stand the test of time, often lasting upwards of forty years.As a result, it is an incredibly cost-effective flooring option. When installed by an expert, using a proper subfloor with a moisture barrier, engineered flooring is extremely durable and will not warp or bubble when exposed to moisture. In addition, it stands up well to daily wear and tear, which helps to extend its lifespan. It is important to be aware that like hardwood, engineered flooring is susceptible to scratches and dents, however, most people view these marks as character and it is possible to repair them with a wax kit or refinish them once or twice.
Elegant European-manufactured flooring
Introducing Coswick, a brand that manufactures engineered hardwood floors in the most exquisite styles and finishes. Coswick follows the highest quality manufacturing processes, to develop floors that excel in quality, durability, and longevity.
Affordable & Low Maintenance
Engineered flooring delivers the same look as hardwood, but often comes at a lower price point due to its composition.At Chestnut Flooring in Toronto, we offer wholesale, discount hardwood flooring options and will help you find the most cost-effective solution. Maintaining engineered flooring is very simple, as it is as easy to care for as laminate. Loose dirt and debris can be vacuumed or cleaned with a broom and a slightly damp mop can be used to clean spills or provide a deeper clean. It is important to be sure that engineered flooring does not become wet and products that contain ammonia or vinegar should be avoided as they can damage the panels.
Pros & Cons
To determine whether Engineered Hardwood is best for you, it is important to be aware of its pros and cons.
- One of the biggest advantages of engineered hardwood is that it can be installed virtually anywhere. This makes it an excellent option for individuals with spaces that are not suitable for regular hardwood, such as basements, bathrooms, kitchens, and condos.
- Another benefit of engineered flooring is its ability to hold up to moisture. While regular hardwood shrinks and expands when exposed to humidity, engineered flooring is unaffected because it consists of several layers of wood that have been adhered together using intense heat and pressure. This means it will not warp or cup over time and there is no risk that the boards will gradually tighten or loosen.
- Engineered flooring is also easier to install than solid hardwood floors. Since hardwood can shrink and expand over time, its installation requires extreme skill and precision. Conversely, engineered flooring is simpler to put in and can be installed using a variety of techniques, including gluing, stapling, nailing, and floating.
- Although there are many different engineered flooring options to choose from, the species selection is not as vast as it is for regular hardwood because soft hardwoods such as pine are not suitable for engineered wood format.
- Engineered hardwood can be refinished once or twice when it shows signs of wear; however, after that, the upper layer will begin to wear away. Conversely, regular hardwood can be sanded and resurfaced numerous times.
- Although engineered hardwood is incredibly durable, it is not as long lasting as regular hardwood because its surface is thin and it can become chipped or de-laminated over time.
Introducing Super Solid Engineered Hardwood Floors
Super solid engineered hardwood flooring is an innovative technique that takes engineered hardwood floors to the next level. It involves using pure solid hardwood as the material used within the core of the floor. This adds even more stability and durability than traditional hardwood, offering incredible performance.
See our handy video for a more detailed description of these types of engineered floors, and how they are among the most superior choices for flooring.
There are many different installation options when it comes to engineered hardwood.Like hardwood, engineered flooring can be nailed or stapled down, however, it can also be glued or installed on a floating basis. The glue down method is typically used when installing engineered floors over a concrete sub-floor. The advantage of this technique is that the installation is quieter and over time, there is less creaking. Floating installation is an innovative installation technique, as it does not involve attaching the boards to the sub-floor. Instead, the floorboards are fit or clicked together without the use of nails or glue. This is said to be the most stable method because it can be installed over uneven surfaces using a tongue and groove system. In addition, sound insulation or dampening insulation can be installed below it, providing an effective underlay. With so many flooring options, it can be difficult to determine which one is best for you. Engineered flooring is an excellent option to consider due to its natural, high-end finish, durability, and affordability.
To learn more about engineered hardwood in Toronto, we invite you to visit our showroom, conveniently located in Toronto, where one of our experts will work with you to determine the most suitable flooring solution for your space. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer all of your questions and help you find the flooring type that suits your individual needs, aesthetic goals, space, and budget. Leaving the installation to us will ensure that the experience is stress-free and that your expectations are surpassed.Visit us