Your physical retail / commercial space is an extension of your brand and significantly influences how your business is perceived. A strong flooring design can make your business pop and create a specific sentiment / mood among consumers, as well as create an ambiance for customers and employees to feel warm in.
Offices are usually utilized throughout the entire day – with lots of movement and collaboration taking place. Therefore, it’s good to use a floor surface that’s warm and inviting – such as carpet. Beyond these reasons, carpet makes for the most suitable floor option in offices, due to it’s many other benefits:
- Carpets have the strongest sound absorbing properties – making it perfect for limiting the effects of chatter across the office.
- Plush flooring reduces the chance of slip-and-fall accidents, which is a possibility in the busy hustle and tussle of office life.
- Carpet is easy to maintain, with ongoing scheduled carpet cleaning. Further, there are various carpeting options that offer protection against stains=, like the Shaw R2X system.
When it comes to physical retail shops, presentation is key. The main idea is to have a flooring style that that is bold and striking, which emphasizes the overall style of the shop. For these reasons, Engineered hardwood flooring is among the best options for retail spaces.
- Engineered hardwood flooring demonstrates both quality and style. It will give off the perception that your business focuses on the fine details and doesn’t compromise quality.
- Engineered hardwood floors are highly durable. This is important for retail spaces, which tend to see consistent high volumes of foot traffic.
- Lastly, they are highly firm & sturdy, making it pleasant to walk on for longer periods of time.
See our Video Guide
We’ve put together this quick and concise guide to choosing the best flooring options for retail spaces.