When shopping for products, the criteria are changing for many individuals.
In addition to searching for high quality products at affordable prices, more and more people are now interested in ensuring that the goods that they purchase are ecologically friendly. At Chestnut Flooring in Toronto, we are proud to offer wood and laminate floors, sustainable flooring products which improve the air quality in your home and are renewable or recyclable.
HARDWOOD FLOORING IN TORONTO
Because wood is a natural resource, it is an incredibly green product which is both renewable and recyclable.Wood has a timeless, classic, and natural appeal and can be refinished numerous times, which means that it lasts much longer than many other flooring products; when well cared for, hardwood flooring can last decades or even generations. In addition, when it comes time to replace your hardwood floors, the material can be recycled. Thus, although hardwood flooring tends to have a higher initial price point, it lasts much longer than alternative products and produces no waste.
Laminate FlooringLaminate floors, which closely resemble natural hardwood, are also gaining popularity due to their sustainability. Laminate is an incredibly hardwearing flooring material which is scratch and chemical resistant. As a result, it is very easy to maintain and keep clean. In addition to its durability, laminate is an eco-friendly product which has low chemical emissions and is created from recycled materials.To learn more about our sustainable flooring products, we welcome you to visit our convenient Toronto showroom to peruse our extensive selection of hardwood and laminate products. A member of our design team will work with you to help you chose the best product for your particular needs, ensuring that the flooring that you chose fits within your eco-friendly lifestyle and can be recycled in the future.
- Wood is a naturally renewable resource: Hardwood is made from trees which are a naturally renewable resource. Preservation efforts ensure that more wood is grown each year than is harvested, which means that the estimated 750 million acres of forestland in America have remained stable for over one hundred years.
- There is no waste: When trees are used to make products such as wood flooring, nothing goes to waste. This is because bark, trims, and sawdust are also utilized as an energy source to power wood production facilities. As a result, wood products require less energy and fossil fuel than alternative products.
- Wood is incredibly durable: One of the greatest advantages of hardwood flooring is its durability. Wood floors often last upwards of 40 to 80 years.
- Wood floors are recyclable: Just as wood floors can be made from recycled wood, wood flooring can be recycled for a number of other uses.
- Wood floors are easy to maintain: Hardwood flooring is also incredibly easy to maintain which adds to the longevity of the product. It can easily be wiped clean with a damp mop and an approved wood cleaner.
BENEFITS OF WOOD FLOORS
Patterns Galore! Hardwood Grain Patterns Explained A very important thing to consider when buying hardwood flooring is the grain pattern you wish to use in your home. While wood has naturally occurring grains, knots and patterns, the way the wood you are...read more
Species, Colours, Styles And More: The Hardwood Varieties When buying hardwood flooring, much more than merely colour of the wood should be considered. Any buyer should take time to think about the kind of hardwood they are going to be installing, as they...read more
Select Custom Flooring To Beautify A Small Space Designing a small space can be a challenge, as it is necessary to make careful choices to avoid making the room appear smaller than it already is. Other than your choice of wall colour, no other design...read more